The Government of Andhra Pradesh launched the "Smart Village Smart Ward towards Smart Andhra Pradesh" (SVSW) programme under the leadership of Honourable Chief Minister Shri N. Chandrababu Naidu in January 2015. Under this programme, all stakeholders (individuals, partners, community members, institutions) will collectively utilize existing local resources, maximize available services, improve service chains, adopt appropriate technologies, create learning platforms, and improve existing knowledge and skills to become self-sufficient, bring social change and advance inclusive growth in villages and wards.
PRIA, in collaboration with UNICEF, mandal and district administration, and SMART Andhra Pradesh Foundation is supporting and strengthening all partners and the community to achieve these expected outcomes. Anandapuram mandal in Vishakapatnam district has been chosen as a pilot mandal for "Supporting the Making of a Child Friendly Smart Mandal in Andhra Pradesh”. Participatory processes for co-planning and collaborative actions will be facilitated to make gram panchayats in Anandapuram mandal child-friendly and SMART. Learning labs for stakeholders will be created through convened meetings, helping to build evidences, demonstrate innovations, mobilize resources, trigger processes, share and learn from each other’s efforts.
- Building a child friendly Mandal
- Systematization of Learning and Technical Support to UNICEF
- Advocacy with District and State Agencies
Anandapuram Mandal of Visakhapatnam District
- Collective visioning
- Participatory planning and resource mapping
- Direct field interventions in implementation
- Advocacy of practices and technical supports
- A Child Friendly Smart Mandal in Anandapuram.
- A network of government officials and partners from SVSW and community to work towards common development goals
- Dissemination of participatory methods of planning and implementation to the stakeholders and community members.
1 April 2016 to 31 Mar 2017