Understanding the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
Duration:7 days| Registration open
Staring, lewd remarks, touching, wolf-whistles, are all part of any woman's everyday life. These incidents are so routine and common that most women tend to ignore and dismissed most of them. Working women are no exception. Today, as large numbers of women are entering the workforce, sexual harassment at the workplace is one of the most talked about issues in the context of institutions and their internal systems and policies. Sexual harassment has been described as a conduct that is intimidating, coercive and bullying, and includes unwelcome sexually determined behaviour. Although both women and men experience sexual harassment, it is seen as a problem that particularly affects women. In the workplace, it is considered to be one of the most pervasive and offensive forms of subjugation and discrimination of women.
In India, the newly enacted Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013 has made the redressal and prevention of sexual harassment within the workplace a central concern for all employers. Further, the Act deems it the duty of the employer, as well as other responsible persons in the workplaces to prevent or deter the commission of acts of sexual harassment. Noncompliance of the Act will lead to fines being levied against the institutions and a revocation of operating licenses for repeat offences.
In sexual harassment, it does not matter what was the intent of the harasser's behaviour it is the impact on the receiver that is taken into consideration. This course will help individuals develop an understanding on behaviours that might be construed as unwelcome. It will also help organisations implement the Act and create conducive environments within their workplaces.
- A one-of-a-kind innovative online training capsule
- Three modules, each one of an hour's duration
- A time limit of 7 days to complete the course
- Study materials for a better understanding of the issue
- Developed by subject matter experts
- Illustrative cases and examples of sexual harassment in the workplace
- Application based assessment tools
- Moodle the preferred web-based platform, used by educational institutions across the world, is used for the virtual classroom.
- Any employee from:
- Government or private organisations/departments/branches/undertakings/ enterprises
- Educational institutions, including students
- Any other workplace – formal or informal
- Individuals who are interested in knowing more about the Act and its implementation
On completion of this course, the learner would be able to gain critical:
- Understanding of sexual harassment
- Understanding of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Redressal and Prohibition) Act 2013
- Understanding of how to deal with sexual harassment within the workplace
- 3 modules of study – one hour per module
- Video based presentation of the modules
- Case study analysis and quizzes for self-assessment
- Study materials for better understanding of issues
Module 1:Sexual Harassment in the workplace – Tracing its Genesis dfgdffd
Module 2:Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act – Definitions, Roles and Responsibilities of Key Stakeholders
Module 3:Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act – Redressal Mechanisms
Course Fee (Excluding bank charges)
Rs. 600/= per person
For corporate rates, please contact Ms. Priti Sharma firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the course, please fill in the online form below