Designing Participatory Adult Training and Education Programmes
Starts on: 1 st & 15 th of every month | Duration:10 weeks | Registration open
"The teacher is of course an artist, but being an artist does not mean that he or she can make the profile, can shape the students. What the educator does in teaching is to make it possible for the students to become themselves."
― Paulo Freire
What is 'Designing Participatory Adult Training & Education Programme' all about?
How does one effectively educate and teach a group of adults – rich in their experience, powerful in their knowledge and their ability to change their circumstances but slowed down by their diversity and lack of awareness and skills.
This knowledge product is based on PRIA's 30 years of practical application of education philosophy and learning methods that can be tailored towards the communities you are passionate about and that you work with to bring about change and transformation.
The world class curriculum that PRIA is reputed for allows you to pursue the programme without interrupting your work and family life, while enhancing your knowledge and skill base.
- A one-of-a-kind innovative course, where intellectual freedom is fostered, and experimentation and creativity are encouraged
- Self-directed learning is the norm
- Active online discussions and dialogue
- Regular feedback mechanisms
- Global Perspective
- Community based workers and activists
- Those working on issues of the poor and the marginalised – rural and urban
- Those working towards equality and social recognition with women, gay and lesbian groups, religious minorities, displaced persons etc.
- Field level practitioners working on a range of issues including health, water, sanitation, micro-finance and self-help groups, cooperatives etc.
- Increased ability on Designing Adult Education and Training programme
- Increased sensitivity towards the needs and requirement of adult learners in the field
- Increased knowledge on Adult Education and Training types, theories, methods, communication styles, budgeting and selection of trainers
- Increased awareness towards successful Adult Education models available in South Asian countries
- 4 modules
- Self-assessment test after each module
- 2 videos in the course
- Each module will have:
- Powerpoint presentation highlighting the content of the module
- Additional readings
Module 1: Identifying aims and objectives of Adult Education Programmes
- Unit 1:Establish the Aims, Goals and Objectives of PAEP
- Unit 2:Identify categories of PAEP
- Unit 3: Steps to identify the target audience
Module 2: Developing an Adult Appropriate Curriculum and Reaching Out to the Learners
- Unit 1: Selecting and organizing content such as conceptual framework and modules
- Progress in Adult Education – the CONFINTEA Series and Beyond
- Unit 2: Instructional techniques, resources and modes of communication
- Unit 3: Overview of AEP from select Asian countries
Module 3: Coordinating Onsite Requirements–Finance and Human Resources
- Unit 1: Familiarizing with the issues in managing the budget
- Unit 2: Electing effective instructors and facilitators
- Unit 3: Coordinating the role of the onsite administrator and staff
Module 4: Reaching Out to the Target
- Unit 1: Strategies to promote the programme amongst the target audience